- About Us
- Funding Opportunities
- Keeping Up
- Just Ask Us
Current Openings: December 2013
Position Announcement: Program Officer – Affordable Housing Initiative
Meyer Memorial Trust is seeking a full-time Program Officer to lead the implementation of our Affordable Housing Initiative (AHI) over the next five years. We are looking for a strategic systems thinker who is skilled at working collaboratively to tackle complex issues and who gets excited about exploring innovative solutions to stubborn challenges. The right candidate will be a highly effective project manager and convener with strong communication skills, a deep understanding of Oregon’s affordable housing arena, and the ability to work with a wide range of community stakeholders. Flexibility, humility, objectivity and the ability to see possibilities while recognizing realities are also important qualifications for the position. MMT staff must be able to work as part of a diverse and collaborative team in a mission-driven and high performance environment.
SEE COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION
READ MORE ABOUT AHI
Meyer Memorial Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. One of our goals is to facilitate the attainment of our mission by ensuring the recruitment and retention of a diverse, highly-skilled workforce. We encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Submit the following to pojobahi [at] mmt [dot] org:
- a one-page cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position, highlighting how your experience and competencies meet the position’s requirements.
- a résumé (limited to two pages)
- an attachment (of no more than 2 pages) responding to the following questions:
- Describe a recent experience in which you designed and led an inclusive process to tackle a complex policy, systems change or service delivery challenge.
- Describe your experience working with under-resourced communities, including communities of color, culturally-specific organizations and under-served rural communities.
- MMT is committed to framing AHI investments within an over-arching equity lens. What suggestions do you have for how we can most effectively accomplish this goal?
All materials should be in a form that can be read by MS Word or Acrobat Reader (pdf). Please be sure to include your last name in the filename of your submitted documents.
Confirmation of receipt of application materials and correspondence regarding next steps in the hiring process will be provided via email.
We respectfully request that you please do not contact MMT staff or board members regarding the position.
Closing date: Review of applications begins January 6, 2014. The application period closes January 14, 2014.
About the Organization: Meyer Memorial Trust is a private foundation that works with and invests in organizations, communities, ideas, and efforts that contribute to a flourishing and equitable Oregon. We fulfill our mission using a mix of strategic, proactive, and responsive investments, including grantmaking, loans, initiatives, commissioning research, supporting policy advocacy and a range of community and nonprofit engagement strategies.
Subscribe to our news alerts to make certain you are notified of future openings.
Tags: Jobs, job openings employment opportunities, employ, hire, work, resume, CV, appoint, appointment, position